Wednesday, September 28, 2011

American Savage

American Savage


 I do not presume to claim that
                                                    Yet I know, moreover, I have discovered.
 Here I could see clearly 
 (It is clear to me that)
                                                     I have seen and I am suffering.

I am personally more and more obsessed by
I have felt with incomparable accuracy,
                                                     That America is full of
                         have spent all of my time absorbing (the task of accumulating and increasing)
                         and am becoming well acquainted with (the state of things)
The atmosphere! le monde quotidienne.


American civilization is based, in spite of its early traditions
                                                     That life in America is full of
                                                     the strange [“How much does he make”?] the inhuman. 
That life in America is based, in spite of its early traditions

Prostitution is paid kindness. The classic question is. Here in Newark I have been able to gauge.    
Often I have had the impression that life in Amer-
ica is based             on an utter disregard for human emotions.

No comments:

Post a Comment